Cannot produce any results

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I can't seem to get any results to come up in the results screen, even though I know there are issues with the sites I'm visiting. These are sites I'm developing for my job, and I'm connecting over VPN. There is one, for example, that has an invalid certificate, and the browser produces a message to that effect. I see that the connection is being made in Fiddler's left-hand window. I have entered the full domain of the site in the "origin domain" field and watcher is enabled. All the core checks are enabled. I can occasionally trigger something on, for example, www.nyt.com. But absolutely nothing from my own sites.

Could there be something preventing Watcher from communicating with these sites? They are SharePoint applications.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Nov 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM

Have you tried by leaving the 'origin domain' empty?  Also, under Fiddler's 'Filters' tab, do you have anything enabled?  If it's intranet traffic, ensure IE is configured properly - under Internet Options - Connections - LAN Settings - ensure that 'bypass proxy for local addresses' is NOT checked.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Hmm it's working now.. But I'm not really sure why. I was trying before with various values for origin domain and nothing in Fiddler's filters. Maybe it was something related to proxies. Thanks.