ERRORS and TROUBLESHOOTING FAQ

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM

Please post errors or issues you encounter here.

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 6:29 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2009 at 7:10 PM

Problem:

You may receive an exception:

Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission'

Fiddler tries to load the Watcher plugin from an location with lower trust than Fiddler has.  For example, you load Fiddler from c:\program files\fiddler, and load Watcher from a network share \\server\user\Documents\Fiddler\Scripts.  This might happen if your network uses 'roaming user profiles'.  The Code Access Security policy in .NET will throw an error in such a case.

Resolution:

Install Watcher to your local user directory, typically C:\Users\chris\Documents\Fiddler2\Scripts\.  If that doesn't solve the issue (uncommon), then you could install the Watcher plugin into the scripts folder of Fiddler's install directory, typically at:  C:\Program Files (x86)\Fiddler2\Scripts\ or  C:\Program Files\Fiddler2\Scripts\

May 7, 2010 at 4:06 PM
Edited May 7, 2010 at 5:18 PM
Hi, I'm getting the below errors when attempting to build, after following instructions to set the path to Fiddler and making sure the MS VS SDK was installed. Any assistance would be appreciated! I would like to (for example) add new checks. ------ Rebuild All started: Project: Watcher, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------ C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3245: Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "Fiddler". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors. <snip> The fix from Chris: "You have to update the ref in both projects (watcher and watcherchecklibrary) by right clicking references and browsing out to fiddler.exe" Works for me! Thanks again.
Coordinator
May 7, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Definitely looks like a reference error to fiddler.  You have to update the reference in both projects (watcher and watcherchecklibrary) by right clicking references and browsing out to fiddler.exe.  Let me know if that helps.

May 7, 2010 at 5:19 PM
Yes, confirmed fixed. Thanks!!